WORKING WASHINGTON SMALL BUSINESS GRANT 2.0
Washington Department of Commerce has funded a second round of grants to support small businesses with 20 or fewer employees statewide. Grant amounts will not exceed $10,000 total per business and is made possible by the Federal CARES Act. Applications are open from Oct.1-Oct.15, 2020. This one has fewer requirements.
To be eligible for consideration, qualifying small businesses must:
- Employ 20 or fewer employees
- Must be current with all filings. L&I and valid tax ID #.
- Be licensed to do business in Wahkiakum County/Washington State
- Have been in business at least 3 months in Washington
- Have not received $5000 or more in previous CARES emergency grants
- Business has been impacted by COVID-19
- If selected for an award, a successful business must be able to answer “yes” to the following questions:
- The expense is connected to the COVID-19 emergency.
- The expense is “necessary” to continue business operations.
- Costs must have occurred between March 1-Nov.15, 2020.
- Funds may not be used to pay a shortfall in government revenues (i.e. taxes, licenses, state, county, federal and/or city fees).
- The business will self–attest that the expense is not funded by any other funder; whether private, State or Federal.
You must have this turned into the Chamber of Commerce office no later than Oct. 15! If you need help or have questions, please contact us at 360-795-9996 or [email protected].
We are WAHKIAKUMSTRONG!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I send the application? Send it to: Wahkiakum Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 52, Cathlamet, WA. You can also send them electronically or drop them off in our office during open hours.
When is the application available? Oct. 1, 2020. Download it, fill it out and mail it into the Wahkaikum Chamber office. No printer? No problem; we have extras in the office.
When is the application due to be completed and turned into the Chamber? Oct. 15, 2020
Who is eligible for this grant? Any business with less than 20 employees who have been impacted by restrictions from the Covid19 mandates. Must be licensed in Wahkiakum County.
Can I apply if I have already received grants or loans? YES! If you received grant money from WWSBEG (round 1 grants), it needs to be under $5001.00. You can apply if you have received SBA PPP loan already (or any other loans/grants).
How much can I receive from this grant? You can apply for up to $10,000.00 (or $5K if already awarded the WWSBEG monies from round 1). The total amount cannot exceed $10,000 from these 2 grants.
How long do I have to have been in business? Your business needs to be 3 mos.minimun or older.
Can I apply if I do business out of my house? Yes! You use the tax write-off amount to cover the costs.
What kinds of expenses can I use this money for? Good question! This round is more relaxed in its requirements, so basically anything that was impacted by restrictions from March 1 – Nov 15. This includes lost revenue, utility payments, rent/mortgages, improvements needed to retrofit your business for public health safety (Covid19 only), payroll, equipment needed to comply to new regulations, PPE’s for your staff and customers, cleaning supplies and extra time to disinfect your business, etc. If you can tie it to Covid19, it will be covered. We will need receipts and invoices as proof.
What do you mean by “no double-dipping”? This just means that if you had a loan/grant that you used to pay expenses, you can’t use this money to pay for the same expenses in the same time period. For example, you can’t pay August rent with Round 1 grant funds and claim it again with Round 2 money. But you can use Round 2 money for Sept. rent.
What would disqualify me for this grant? If you have already been awarded $10,000. If you are not current on your business taxes, fees, licensing (yes, we will be checking that). If you have more than 20 employees.
Are there any special considerations? This round is prioritizing minority-owned businesses, but anyone can apply and we will be considering all valid applicants.
- No Washington State corporate income tax.
- No Washington State personal income tax.
- Business and Occupational (B&O) tax is levied by the State of Washington.
- 7.5% State and Local Retail Sales Tax with Additional 2% for Transient Lodging Businesses
- $9.36 Property Tax Rate in 2007 per $1,000 Assessed Value (Source: Wahkiakum County Assessor, 360.795.3791)
- Local insurance firms, accountants and CPA’s, tax services, and real estate brokers are available to assist you and can be found in the Membership List of the Wahkiakum Chamber of Commerce.
This page provides some basic information of interest to businesses who may be considering locating or expanding in this area. If you don’t find the information you are looking for, please call 360.795.9996, or email [email protected]