In an effort to help business succeed and increase tourism in our area, The Chamber is committed to the following priorities during the upcoming year:
Strengthen The Chamber
- Work with our governmental agency partners to develop processes of cooperation between agencies and the business community that foster a positive and responsible climate for economic development.
- Grow the membership. A strong chamber has more influence and can represent business on a regional and state-wide scale with more affective results.
- Enhance membership and involvement with the West side of Wahkiakum County including Naselle.
- Increase retention statistics.
- Visit existing members on a regular basis.
- Train the membership on topics chosen by the membership.
Promoting the Community
- Promote The Lower Columbia region emphasizing its unique history, rare beauty and recreational activities.
- Provide web site links from The Chamber to other organizations.
- Promote the Lower Columbia as a biking, kayaking, boating and retreat destination.
- Promote and design the Visitor Center, and increase traffic flow to the center.
- Implement plans to increase traffic flow into towns from SR4 and the river, including Columbia cruise ships.
- Continue to create relationships with regional & national publications and media.
- Increase the regional prominence on outside tourism websites including Oregon and Washington State Tourism sites.
- Attend state and regional tourism, economic and business development conferences representing Wahkiakum’s interests.
Providing Networking Opportunities
- Develop a tactical plan for networking opportunities.
- Hold a quarterly business issues meeting for education with topics including “marketing your business”, “hospitality” and “legislation and the chamber influence”.
- Maintain a regular events calendar to e-mail post.