Cathlamet Blanche Bradley Public Library
The Cathlamet Blanche Bradley Public Library is located above the Community Center at the corner of Columbia and Main Street in Cathlamet, Washington.
In 1931, Mrs. Lulu Heron, the wife of the Cathlamet Mayor, met with the Town Council requesting to use the council room as a public library. The council voted to accept the Woman’s Club Public Library as the town library. Decades later, Blanche Heron Bradley took possession of the Heron family home. In 1973 Bradley’s daughter donated the dwelling to the town. It was then named Blanche H. Bradley Memorial Center and housed the town library for the next 14 years. The house was sold in the late 1980’s and the library moved to its current location with a 100 Main Street address, on the second floor of the building which at that time housed Town Hall and the Fire Hall on the first floor. The library was relocated while the building was being remodeled from 2012 – 2014, making room for a community center on the first floor, increasing the library’s floor space, and shifting the library entrance to Columbia Street.
e-books and audio books
Library cardholders can access e-books and audio books through a link of the library’s website: Cathlamet Library
Four computers and a printer (on loan from Lower Columbia College) provide Internet access for public use. Wi-Fi is also available. The library offers a Summer Reading program for children, a Preschool Story/Craft time, and holds several book sales throughout the year.
Cathlamet Blanche Bradley Public Library is located above the Community Center and next to The Pioneer (Church) Center at 115 Columbia Street, Cathlamet
Cathlamet Library Hours
OPEN TUES – SAT
Cathlamet Town Librarian